Sunday, March 17, 2013

Book "The Evolution of the Cape Cod House, An Architectural History", Arthur Richmond



I purchased this book for the Sturgis Public Charter School's annual silent auction and now I am compelled to go buy another for myself!  This book chronicles the history of the Cape Cod style home from its origins in England to the shores of southern New England.  It is crammed with information, plans of original layouts, architectural drawings of facades, early photographs as well as recent photos.  

I particularly enjoyed the detail drawings of architectural features like exterior doorways and windows. The photos are remarkable and the research is detailed.  I have many books on Cape Cod style architecture and this is my new favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments!